- Download the latest firmware below, by selecting your dash cam model and the file for your corresponding geographic region. Then unzip the downloaded firmware file.
- Plug your memory card into your computer and save any dash cam footage you wish to keep.
- Format your Micro SD card in your computer.
PLEASE NOTE: This step will erase all the data on your memory card.
- Copy the unzipped firmware folder onto the root directory of the SD Card.
- Insert the memory card into your dash cam and power it on.
- Wait for the camera to announce, “Upgrade is now complete, continuous recording will now start.” Your dash cam LED lights should blink while the firmware upgrade is taking place.
– Do not power off your dash cam until it begins continuous recording, as it may cause permanent damage to the dash cam.
- Select your dash cam model below and click PC Viewer.
- Download PC Viewer file for your corresponding operating system.
- Follow the installation steps.
- Once the download is complete, insert your memory card into your PC to automatically add video files to the playlist.
To manually add files, click File > Open, and select the files in your file browser.
- Download the latest speed/ red-light camera data below, by selecting your dash cam model and the file for your corresponding geographic region. Then, unzip the downloaded speed cam data file.
- The file name should resemble (smartguidepoint.dx2)
- Plug your memory card into your computer.
- Copy the unzipped speed cam data file into the ‘driveinfo’ folder. If the ‘driveinfo’ folder doesn’t exist in the root directory of your MicroSD card, please create one.
- The file patch should resemble [SD_ROOT]:/driveinfo/smartguidepoint.dx2
- Insert the MicroSD card into the dash cam unit.
- The device will start recording and operate with the latest speed cam data
- If your country of residence is outside of Canada or the United States, please head to www.thinkware.com/support/download
- If you wish to disable the alerts altogether, please skip the steps above and delete the ‘driveinfo’ folder.
We also have video tutorials available for updating speed cam data on Windows and MAC operating systems.
PLEASE NOTE: You do not need to update the speed cam data separately if you have already recently updated the firmware – the firmware upgrade process will update both for you!
For more information on your dash cam, please select the dash cam model below and select the file for your corresponding geographical region.